March 10, 2010

The life that we can’t even predict

This blog is dedicated to my parents. I have the best parents in this world; I love my parents a lot. If I will succeed in life then the credit will go to my parents for understanding me up to such an extent. God gave me the biggest gift which is enough to pray and believe in the him.          
          Did you ever think about those who don’t have this gift (Parents)? In this blog, I am going to write about Orphans. There are 16.2mn orphans in the world today. Since childhood, I had sympathy towards them; still when I see them I feel restless.
          I want to share one experience where I got an opportunity to interact with them. Because of they had no parents; they were compelled to work under Mr X. We will try to understand the situation clearly by a video. It may entertain you but it was mind boggling moment for me.

This video is taken by me in train.
Please click on link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdX5HX3mKYM

Once I was travelling in the train:
Scene 1- One small girl and one boy came to our birth and started singing and dancing.
Scene 2- All were enjoying their performance but I felt sympathy towards them.
Scene 3- One person was continually demanding songs.
Scene 4- After completing their performance, I gave some biscuit to them.

          I started talking to them and came to know that they were doing this all stuff under one head girl named Gudiya. Gudiya was controlling 13 other children like them. You will be shocked to know that they provided only 3 Rs/- per day & the head girl was provide only 5 Rs/- per day for doing all this stuff. They were continuously answering my questions because I was giving one biscuit for every answer they gave. They were so hungry. They told me that Gudiya have to report Mr. X (They don’t know about that person who is behind the curtain and getting done this all stuff). Later I came to know they are sibling. Their parents died last year.
          One question arises in my mind- “Why they are doing this all? Do you think they would have done the same if their parents were still alive? I believe- No, they won’t.” They have lost one of the basic, important and precious gifts of God. Because of that they will have to suffer throughout their life. They will have to do lots of struggle to be educated and they will not get proper guidance-“What is right and what is wrong?” You can sense the pain that they feel alone in this dangerous world.

Please Just click on this link. After seeing this video you can sense the pain of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azcbQNcDzZk

Basic problems what they have to face:
  1. They don’t get proper education. Being an illiterate, it’s tough to survive in this knowledge management era.
  2. Female child have to face one biggest problem. Orphan girls are often sexually exploited by unknown person and even by their relatives.
  3. They are compelled to do work for their basic needs. Child labour is one such social issue which arises also because they don’t even get food to eat.
  4. They lose all memorable and magical moment which they could feel with their parents.
  5. They don’t get proper advice and support. Being a small child they are mislead by evil’s mind.
         If we compare India and America we get to know that India has an orphan crisis. India has about three times the American population living in one third of the space. It creates intense poverty, famine, drought, AIDS and other diseases. In such conditions, it is no surprise that many parents die. Some parents are compelled to leave their children on the street due to poverty.

Facts:

  1.  Nearly 144 million children across the world are orphans.
  2.  Every 2 seconds, another orphan dies due to malnutrition.
  3.  6,000 children are orphaned by AIDS everyday, which means a newly orphaned child every 14 seconds.
Many non-profit Organisations are dedicated to the rescue of orphans. Some organisation in India which are working for their welfare. Ex.- Angel Orphanage Home,Children Walking Tall,Sharing Smile Ministry,Mercy Home etc.

I want to do something about them. I am searching some charities who are taking some action for welfare of orphans. I am ready to work in project also. Please give me advice from where and from which orphanage home should I approach.

I will wait for your valuable suggestion.
Thank you!

8 comments:

shashank said...

Life is unfair, unbelievable but truth.begging through children have become big industry in India
Helping few of those children is short term solution, nothing big can be achieved through this. What I think is NGO's very first purpose should be to eradicate the organizers of this show. As multiple layers of administration are involved in it so th job becomes very difficult.

Ankit Mandloi said...

Hello Shraddha,

Good work done by you, lots of R&D.

I must say that emotions are the part of life but we should believe in practicality. I can not imposed it on anyone but I believe on the same. As a human being, emotions are to be valued but up to a certain extent.

Keep doing good work. All the very best for the future!

Regards,
Proton Ankit Mandloi

Meenketan Patel said...

Dear Friend,
Very good observation on how some gang are running in train, temples and metro cities.Gang leader are just utilizing orphan child for there own selfish purpose.In India most of such types of gang basically uses children humanity and there beautiful childhood for getting there own benefits.
Our social system and NGO's are taking some initiative to provide education, food and other basic necessities to orphanage.But there effort is not getting huge success because of our slow administrative system.
Friend,if you want to take such types of project, it will require good commitment and dedication because it will take time and strong effort.Most of NGO's,philanthropist and government bodies will help you.And another type is social ENTREPRENEURSHIP.Social entrepreneurship is rapidly increasing in country like-India.
Our society really wants this type of initiative.
Very good blog and all the best for future.

PROTON Shraddha said...

Thank you for encouraging me friends.
Meenketan i like your view point about Social entrepreneurship.
Thanks

Surendra said...

Very good view point. It is really a very good blog written by you. This problem is one of the biggest problems facing by India. The main problem is that many people just don't want to do any thing about it.
As you want to do some thing for these orphans, I can advise you that make a group of the same thinking people and start doing work. It will encourage other also.

Rupal Dureha said...

Dear Shraddha,

I am also feeling lucky after reading your blog, others adversity and privileges both give your life different perspectives. The pain which one feels reading this blog is as strong as the relief one can sense especially when we are struggling in well protected and resourceful environment for trying living a normal life.

Also I appreciate the fact that you are amongst those young individuals who are not only concerned but are willing to add value and spark in life of those who need it the most. I am sure with the determination and energy you possess, the day won't be far when you will bring the change u are seeking for....Focus and just go ahead.

Best Wishes!!!
Rupal Dureha

Mehul Bhesaniya said...

nice observation yar,
good thought you have put it here for your future forcasting. i would like to say, if you are continuing writing with this types of thoughts & idea,you will be a famous writer/ "Auther".
best wishes to you,
go ahead....!!!!!!!!

Neerz said...

Nice write up.....